Saturday 9 February 2013

Congo what? It's a Congo Bar!!!!

Saturday
4.30pm
Hot and humid weather today

Early this morning, everyone have to get up early coz my kids have appointment with their doctor. Luckily the doctor was in and not many people at the clinic, I guessed everyone ' balik kampung' already!

We reached home a bit late, just before 2.30pm, everyone quite tired especially my MIL, hubby and also the kids. After my Zohor prayer, I bring the kids to our playground, coz my daughter keep asking me to bring her to the playground almost a month ago, I can't coz the weather not so good and they have been quarantined because of chicken pox for the last 2 weeks.

I decided to bake this Congo bar as soon as I saw it from my favorite blogger Rima and Bakerella quite sometime ago but didn't find a time for it. At first I thought of baking scone for hubby but I changed my mind. This bar is a considered half chocolate chip cookie and half brownie! Brookie or whatever people called it but the name is Congo Bar!

To order email at reyna2423@gmail.com or call/whatsapp 019-2193124


Here is the recipe


Ingredients
2 3/4 cup all purpose flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 teaspoon salt
2/3 cup butter, softened - I used 150g Tatura brand butter
1 lb. light brown sugar (Oh my and thank you!) - I used 320g
3 eggs
1 tsp vanilla
11.5 ounce package milk chocolate chips ( I used Toll house)
1 cup chopped pecans/walnuts (optional)


By mixer:

Sift flour, baking powder and salt in a large bowl. Set aside.
Combine butter and sugar using a mixer until blended.
Add eggs, one at a time to sugar mixture, mixing on low in between each addition.
Add vanilla and mix.
Add flour and mix until combined.
Stir in chips and then pecans.

By hand:

Sift flour, baking powder and salt into a large bowl. Set aside.
Stir brown sugar into softened (not melted) butter in another large bowl until butter disappears. You can use the back of your spoon to help incorporate the two together.
Add eggs one at a time to butter mixture and stir well after each egg.
Add vanilla, chocolate chips and nuts. Mix well.
Add dry flour mixture and stir until well combined.

Coat a 13 X 9 pan with non-stick spray and spread batter evenly into dish.
Bake at 170C for 30 minutes or until top is golden brown. Make sure you don’t over bake!


If you want to replace the chocolate chip with M&M, Chocolate Butterscotch chips or Oreo or maybe raisin, you can always do so, up to your preferences.








No comments:

Post a Comment