Monday 11 February 2013

Orange Brioche

Tuesday
8.45am
Lovely weather

My hubby and kids are watching Diary of A Wimpy Kid....funny movie! But full of lesson especially for kids like mine !!!! Hehehe....they're not exactly like the one in a movie but at least they can learn a lesson from them.

The first time I tried this bread when I was flying with MAS long time ago. That is the most precious time of my life! I can get to taste the food that is very strange to me as an Asian Malay! If I used to Nasi Goreng, Nasi Lemak and so on in my kampung, I got a chance to try croissant , all kinds of eggs like scramble egg, poached egg, scone, brioche etc. Quite a long list actually! Deep down in my heart I wished that one day I can bake it on my own coz I know that I won't be flying with the airline for my entire life, so I better do something!

Enough said! Well, thanks Pook for sharing the recipe! I noticed some of the classic brioche you need to chill it at least 8 hours or overnight , well....I don't have time for that! This is a simple but delicious brioche that I ever taste!

Brioche is a traditional French pastry.It is slightly sweet, buttery and bread-like—and is perfect for breakfast or brunch.


Ingredient

250g Bread flour
2tbsp Caster sugar
5g Instant yeast
½ tsp Salt
90ml Orange juice (do not use fresh)
1 Egg
75g Unsalted butter
40g Orange marmalade

Egg wash (1egg + 1tbsp water)



Put the flour, the sugar and yeast in a bowl, whisk to combine, add and salt whisk again. Pour the liquids mixture into the bowl.

Use large spoon (or pastry scraper) to mix everything together, and knead briefly to bring all the ingredients together.

Add the butter and knead to combine.
Take the dough out of the bowl and knead by using the heel of your hands to compress and push the dough away from you, then fold it back over itself .Give the dough a little turn and repeat. Put the weight of your body into the motion and get into a rhythm. Keep folding over and compressing the dough.

Knead for 5 - 10 minutes or until the dough is soft, pliable, this dough won't be satiny, but it will stop being sticky.

Pour the jam over the dough and knead until all the jam is fully distributed.

Put the dough into a light buttered bowl. Let the dough rise in a warm place until double in size about 1 hour.


Take the dough out of the bowl, deflate by touch it lightly.
Cut the dough into 14 pieces, roll into a ball and let them rest for 10 minutes.

Shape the dough:

Roll the dough into a bowling pin shape (one side small one side big).
Punch a hole in bigger side.
Flip the small side under the bigger one and pass the small dough through the hole.

Place the dough into the pan, lined with paper cases.
Preheat the oven to 180°C.
When the dough almost double in size, brush with egg wash.
Bake for 15 minutes, or until the brioche is golden brown.







No comments:

Post a Comment