Wednesday 20 February 2013

Mini chicken and mushroom quiche

Till today I have no idea what to bake for my daughters birthday this coming Sunday . My first plan was to bake a rainbow cake but she refuse and said she don't like it. Adussssss.....mana lah yg mummy nak dapat idea apa nak buat ni.....helpppp!!!!
Having all 3, cough, flu and sore throat, no joke! Been suffering for 2 days but today a little bit better than yesterday. I've baked mini chicken mushroom quiche. Actually the recipe is from Chef Wan from his book Simply Sedap but I changed it according to my liking.

Here is the recipe:

Chicken filling
2tbsp olive or normal cooking oil
1 onion, peeled and finely sliced
1 carrot, chopped into small dice
2tbsp chicken stock
A little bit of button mushroom , slice it
200gm chicken breast, diced

Heat the oil and sauté the onion until golden. Add the chicken , carrot and mushroom and also chicken stock. Stir fry for 2minutes. Cool.

Custard ingredient
3eggs
1cup milk
1/2 cup whipping cream or all purpose cream
Salt
1 tbsp chopped parsley or coriander

Whisk the egg till light. Add the milk, cream and salt and continue whisking till fluffy. Add the coriander or parsley leaves.

Ingredient for dough

500gm all purpose flour
250gm cold butter( I use Tatura salted)
A tsp of lemon juice or vinegar water
Water ( I use milk)

Cut the cold butter into small cube. Add flour and rub it into butter till it resembles breadcrumbs. Add vinegar. Add milk bit by bit to form a dough. Cover in plastic wrap and chill in fridge for 40min or so.
Roll out a dough into a quiche pan, since I plan to make mini quiche, I just use my muffin pan. Grease it and roll it . Make a few hole with the fork and bake it in the oven for 15 min at 180c.if you're using quiche pan after you roll it into the pan , put aluminum foil filled with beans or rice on top of the dough, this is to prevent it from inflating. Bake for 20 minutes at 180c.
Remove the dough from oven once ready. Pour in chicken filling, sprinkle cheese and pour in custard, bake again for at least 25 min.




No comments:

Post a Comment