Saturday 16 February 2013

Sweet Soft Bun

Sunday
Feb 18,2013
8am

This morning as promised, I bake the soft bun for breakfast. Lately, I love to bake bread instead of other thing coz it is easy and the most important thing the bread is gone before end of the day!!!!

This recipe is from Mamafami, thanks for sharing. Tapi sampai sekarang masih tak pandai nak link dengan blognya, furthermore I'm blogging using my hand phone . Lazy to go to the computer table!!!

Well, this is the recipe

200 ml liquid (1 egg + fresh milk = 200ml)
50 g sugar
1/2 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon bread softener( I use Format-can get it at Pastry Pro)
250 g bread flour / high protein flour
50 g flour
1 teaspoon bread improver( I didn't use)
1 1/2 teaspoons instant dried yeast
25 g shortening (I use Crisco brand)
25 g margarine (I use Tatura butter)

Glazing: 1 tablespoon fresh milk
Sprinkle : Coarse sugar


Method (Bread maker) :

1. Into the breadmaker pan, add in mixture of fresh milk and egg. Add in sugar, salt and bread softener.
2. Top it with high protein flour, all purpose flour, bread improver and instant dried yeast.
3. Set the bread maker to DOUGH setting and press start. When the dough is just combined, add in shortening and margarine. Leave the bread maker to finish the cycle which will takes about 1 1/2 hour or so.
4. Remove the dough from the pan and divide the dough into 12 equal portions. Roughly about 45g each.
5. Form each portion into a smooth ball. Arrange the rolls on a greased baking tray and leave to prove till double the size.
6. Brush the proved rolls with milk and sprinkle with coarse sugar.
7. Bake in a pre-heated oven at 180c for 25 minutes or till golden brown.
8. Once out of the oven, brush with a bit of butter. Place on a wire rack to cool. Keep in an airtight container.


I don't use bread maker coz I don't have it . I put everything in my Kitchen Aid mixer except milk and butter, after awhile at least 5minutes then I put milk, followed by butter. Let the KA do the job!!! Leave to prove for 40min or so and divide it. And leave to prove again till double the size .







No comments:

Post a Comment