Wednesday 16 January 2013

My special carrot cake

Last week it was quite a hectic week for me and my family. My brother's wedding reception was held on 12 January 2013 at MDKS Hall in Kampar. We went back to Kampar right after my daughter finished with her agama lesson in Sekolah Agama.

I had prepared few cakes for those coming to the house. Nutella marble cake, carrot cake, pound cake and chocolate cake. I choose carrot cake from Rima's recipe coz it has a banana in it, a bit different from others. I gave it a try and VoILA!!!!!! I love the taste of it, it has a nutty flavor besides the carrot and also banana flavor. I choose not to put cream cheese topping on it coz I don't want to spoil the carrot cake shape as I use my bundt pan to bake it. Thanks Rima, for sharing the recipe . As for my relatives who tried the cake some of them ask me whether it is Kuih Bengkang Pisang or carrot cake , I just smile and said whatever you want to call it I don't mind as long as you like to eat it!!!! Hehehehehe at least I'm happy to see them eating the cakes and enjoy it. To my brotha Iwan and Kila' Selamat Pengantin Baru semoga Bahagia ke Anak Cucu' I love both of you!!!!


Ingredients
2 cups plain flour
2 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 cup brown sugar
1 1/2 tsp cinnamon powder (can add nutmeg powder too)
3/4 tsp salt
3/4 cup walnuts - chopped
125 g butter - heated just to melt
3/4 cups dried dates - chopped finely (can use raisins)
3 ripe bananas - mashed (abt 1 1/2 cup)
2 cups grated carrots
1/2 cup Greek yogurt (i used plain yogurt)
2 large eggs - whisk lightly


Cream cheese frosting
200 gm cream cheese
125 gm butter
2 cups icing sugar
1 tsp vanilla
1 tsp lemon juice

Method
Preheat oven 175C.. grease 2 8x8 cake tin with parchment paper (i used bundt pan)
Sift together flour, baking powder, cinnamon and salt.
Stir in walnuts...set aside.
Stir dates into melted butter, spreading the dates, add the sugar.
In a separate bowl, combine the mashed bananas and carrots.
Stir in the dates mixture
Whisk in yogurt and eggs.
Add flour mixture and stir until everything is well incorporated.
Divide batter into 2 cake tins, bake for about 50 minutes.





No comments:

Post a Comment