Sunday 30 December 2012

Sweet Potato Donut

Sunday
3.30 pm
Fine day with a little sunshine


I bought sweet potato last few days coz I thought that I will be on diet, no carbo but a bit is fine, but I've failed my test ......hehehehehe ........in my dreammmmm!!!!!
I can't figure out what to do with this potato but after browsing and visiting other blogs, I've found one quite easy and I'm sure my kids love it.

Thanks Rima for sharing the recipe, very easy and taste like 'Kuih Gelang' they called it in Perak :D

Here's the recipe

Ingredients
320g flour
2 tsp instant yeast
60g sugar
180g sweet potato - boiled and mashed
1 egg
90ml water
1 tbsp condense milk
1/2 tsp salt
1 tbsp butter

Method
You can use breadmaker to do the job or do it manually, i do it using my helper 'kitchenaid' mixer :) once done, leave it to prove till double the size. give it a light punch and start to divide your dough into balls.. each ball at 40g.. roll your ball.. press it a little and take your round cutter to cut a hole in the middle.. place your donut on your tray.. cover it with a cloth and let it rise for the second time.. once it has doubled in size.. prepare your oil.. heat it up and start to fry.. If you want, can coat it with castor sugar once it's cooled
I prefer mine without sugar..... so called diet!!!! Yeah .....right!!!!! Hehehehehe .......



No comments:

Post a Comment