Thursday 27 December 2012

Coconut Macaroon

Wowwwww.....it's been such a long time since the last time I visit my blog, been busy lately plus my daughter will start her primary school next year.

Tonight I prepared Olive Oil chocolate cake and coconut macaroon for me to bring to office tomorrow. Annnnnddddd tomorrow is my last day working at Mandarin Oriental Hotel. Kinda sad but happy that I can spend time taking care of my two kids myself.

Cake in a plastic container and also my coconut macaroon , hope they will like it. Mr hubby loves it, my kids loves it and I love it tooooooooo!!!!! Recipes can copy down here

Coconut Macaroons

You will need:

250g dessicated coconut
75g ground almonds
2 egg whites
100g sugar
1 tsp pandan extract/vanilla

Preheat the oven to 150°C. Line a baking sheet with parchment. Mix the almonds and coconut in a large bowl.
Whisk the egg whites in another bowl until they reach the soft peak stage, then slowly and gradually, still beating, add the sugar until you have a glossy, white meringue with stuff peaks.
Fold the nut mixture and extract into the meringue using a metal spoon.
When the two mixtures are combined, use your hands to make 8 small coconut mounds on the baking sheet. They won't spread much, so you can space them fairly close together.
Bake for 15 minutes, though they may need 20; when done, they will be golden coloured and dry on the outside.
Cool on a wire rack. Top with cherries if you must. Melted chocolate would be fabulous too.

I use my small ice cream scoop and can't be bothered to put melted chocolate...... My eyes said come on.... Can we sleep now!!!!!! Hehehehe .....


Well well that's it for now. Time for a good sleep, last but not least......Happy New Year 2013!!!!! Cheers!!!!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment