Thursday 5 July 2012

Moist Butter Cake

Found this recipe while reading one of my favorite blog, she's awesome! The recipe in her blog never fails me.....that's what I like..hehe
True what she said, there's a lot of butter recipe, but this one I like the most! Soft and fluffy and also buttery! Hubby loves it, my daughter loves it except my son, a very picky and fussy eater!
Thanks to Rima for sharing the recipe semoga murah rezekimu!

Ingredients
195g all-purpose flour
1 1/2 tsp baking powder
1/2 tsp salt
170g unsalted butter, softened
225g sugar (I use 200g)
1 large egg, plus one large egg yolk
1 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
12 tbsp whole milk
A splash of cognac if you have some in the house! (i omit)



Method
1. Preheat oven to 190 degrees celsius. Butter and line a 9-inch cake pan.
2. In a medium bowl, whisk together flour, baking powder and salt.
3. Using a mixer on medium speed, cream butter and sugar until fluffy for about about 2 minutes.
4. Beat in egg, egg yolk and vanilla until well-combined.
5. On low speed, add flour mixture in 3 parts, alternating with milk.
6. Switch mixer to medium and beat for 10 to 15 seconds, just until batter appears
uniform.
7. Pour batter into prepared pan and smooth top with spatula or knife.
8. Bake for about 40 minutes, or until it a skewer comes out clean.
9. Leave to rest in pan for 5 minutes before serving.

No comments:

Post a Comment